Friday, March 11, 2011

And now a word from our sponsor...

When I began this blog, I assumed it would be primarily viewed by people who already knew what synchronicity meant - NOTE: henceforth, I will use the following symbol for the word "synchronicity" to avoid typing the word a zillion times in this blog - "§". Anyhow, that is why the definition I gave for § was a bit more unusual than the typical "meaningful coincidence." I realized that some people may not be as familiar with these terms, or know what "acausal" means, and I think I just added a spiffy book link thing for Amazon.com on my blog (you can order books right through my blog, and I apparently get a bit of money for each purchase, not that I'm doing it for the money), so I thought I'd try the thing out by recommending the primary text on §.

By golly, it seems to have worked. Viva capitalism! I don't care if you order the book from my site, or from Amazon for that matter, I just wanted to be able to have a better way of referencing books I mention here (as I will mention many). Anyway, the book Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle by Carl Jung (and W. Pauli) is the first book about § - though there were a couple of earlier books that had a similar idea.

Or you could just do the easy thing and look up "acausal" on the internet.

This book is surprisingly short, but perhaps a bit difficult to read in places, but I still recommend it. I will in a later post give some other titles that are introductory texts on § that are for the layperson, which may be more accessible and possibly even more interesting, as well as some books that are just collections of § anecdotes. You're welcome. :)

No comments: